Journey Through Egypt 2 (JtE-2) – Oklahoma City, OK
February 23rd – 25th
Sponsored by Aalim Bellydance Academy
For information regarding the registration process & prices for the weekend intensive please visit the registration page!
Information about Journey Through Egypt 2
Journey Through Egypt 2 is a continuation of the concepts discussed in Journey Through Egypt 1. In this second 20 hour intensive, students will encounter an advanced basic overview, that expands upon the ideas of JtE-1.
We aim to study and understand the movements from each dance zones taught in JtE-1 from a variety of different perspectives
THE PERSPECTIVES USED
- Authentic non-performance “home-style” dance
- Local indigenous professional performers
- Regional government troupes
- National Government theater-stage troupes: both Reda and Kowmeyya
- The Dance as represented in Cairo’s Night Club Orientale Dance shows.
In addition to addressing movement and culture, we are introduced to many core Dance Ethnography concepts. During the process of preparation and discovery in JtE-2 we begin to form our personal interests and questions, the base of our future research and specializations and prepare for JtE 3 & 4, which take place in Egypt.